So, what’s not acceptable use?
It’s NOT OKAY to use BBTV or any of our sites, services, or products to submit, post, build, host, or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third-party websites) or promote any of the following content:
- Adult content: This includes images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity, or any commercial activity linked to making money from adult content such as escort agencies.
- The exploitation of children: This includes images or videos depicting children in a way that encourages or promotes attraction towards children.
- Hate speech: This includes content that supports or condones violence or discrimination against individuals based on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Incitement of violence: This includes content that threatens, or that is intended to incite, violence against an individual or group of individuals.
- Harassment: This includes any form of harassment or bullying against an individual or group of individuals.
- Defamation: This includes any untruthful comments about a person that has the tendency to lower their estimation in the eyes of others.
- Copyright and third-party intellectual property: Using the BBTN sites, products, or services in violation of the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others is NOT cool, and is illegal, so please don’t do that.
- Offensive content: This includes content that would cause offense to a reasonable person, including content that is posted for shock value.
- Fraudulent, misleading, or deceptive conduct: This includes making statements about your own products or services that are not accurate or impersonating others. You must also not use a false email address or misrepresent your affiliation with others. You must not use information gathered from or through the BBTV sites, services, or products in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites). You must also not use a false email address or misrepresent your affiliation with others.
4. It’s also NOT OKAY to use BBTV or any of our sites, services, or products to submit, post, build, host, or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third party websites) or promote any of the following activities:
- Supply of regulated goods and services: This includes the supply of weapons, gambling, or adult escort services.
- Illegal activities: This seems like a no-brainer but using BBTV, products, or services for any dangerous or illegal content or other purposes is NOT acceptable. You should always ensure you’re aware of and comply with any applicable laws in Australia, the USA, or other jurisdictions you are located in or doing business in.
- Illegal activities which cause harm to BBTV products or services or brand or others: Unacceptable content or links which might cause harm to the BBTV products or services or brand or others is definitely NOT OKAY with us. This includes pirated software, programs, or archives that provide the functionality to gain unauthorized access to other systems or networks of any kind, Warez sites, files, or web pages that contain viruses, trojans, malware, or other applications designed to access a user’s equipment or information with illegal intentions and/or without the knowledge of the user. You must not modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information, content, software, or item obtained from or through BBTV sites, services, or products, other than in accordance with these terms or the license for the item.
5. BBTN is founded on the idea of community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and are NOT OKAY. It’s NOT OKAY to:
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or content through the BBTN sites, services, or products
- attempt to contact other members through the BBTV sites, services or use any information gained from the BBTV sites or services with the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the BBTV sites, services or products;
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with, or are intended to apply in addition to, these terms or the Author Terms;
- use information gathered from or through the BBTV, service, or products in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites);
- use or permit the use of any automatic device or program, or manual process to monitor, copy, or scrape BBTV sites, pages or products or the content or data contained in them;
- attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact, or alter the BBTV, service or product operation in any way.